It was announced late Monday night that I have been called to testify at the confirmation hearing for William Barr to be the United States Attorney General. I will be called on Wednesday morning at 9:30 am in Room 216 of the Senate Hart Office Building. I will post my testimony on Wednesday morning.
It is an honor to appear at the hearing. I previously testified at the confirmation hearing of Attorney General Loretta Lynch.
I am particularly fortunate to join an esteemed panel composed of the following individuals:
- The Honorable Michael B. Mukasey Former United States Attorney General Former U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of NY, Of Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP New York, NY
- Mr. Derrick Johnson President and Chief Executive Officer NAACP Baltimore, MD
- The Honorable Larry Thompson Former United States Deputy Attorney General, Partner, Finch McCrannie LLP Atlanta, GA
- The Honorable Marc Morial President and Chief Executive Officer National Urban League New York, NY
- Ms. Mary Kate Cary Former speechwriter for President George H.W. Bush. Anne C. Strickler Practitioner Senior Fellow The Miller Center, University of Virginia Washington, DC
- Professor Neil J. Kinkopf Professor of Law Georgia State University College of Law Atlanta, GA
- Professor Jonathan Turley J.B. and Maurice C. Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law The George Washington University Law School Washington, DC
- Reverend Sharon Washington Risher Ordained Pastor Charlotte, NC
- Mr. Chuck Canterbury National President Fraternal Order of Police Washington, DC