Last night, we passed the 37,000,000 mark in views on the blog. We have used these moments to give thanks for our many regular readers around the world and give you an idea of the current profile of readers on the blog. We continue to rank in the top legal blogs in the world and we continue to attract a growing international readership. As always, I want to offer special thanks for Darren Smith who has continued to help manage the blog and help out folks who encounter posting problems. The increasing traffic on the site is gratifying and reaffirms that there are many people looking for passionate but civil debate. While we have some who cannot resist personal attacks, we try to discourage such posters and this site remains remarkably civil for its size.
So here is our current profile:
We have almost 600 posts with over 50,000 comments from readers. Over average of comments per post is now roughly 100. We are also approaching 65,000 Twitter followers.
In the last twelve months, our ten biggest international sources for readers came from:
1. United States
3. United Kingdom
6. Hong Kong
10. New Zealand
The top ten posted in terms of readership in the 12 months are:
1. Court Orders Arizona Deputy to Jail After He Refuses to Apologize for Swiping Attorney’s Notes in Court
2. Prosecutors Admit That They Wrongly Alleged Russian Woman Was Trading Sex For Access [Updated]
3. Bar Complaint Filed Against Counsel For Dr. Christine Blasey Ford
4. New Details Raise Serious Doubts Over The Credibility Of The Ford Polygraph
5. Report: Witches Now Outnumber Presbyterians In The United States
6. MSNBC Analyst: Trump Will Resign In Two Weeks
7. L.A. Prosecutor Arrested After Crashing Car and Then Drinking As He Waited For PoliceBack
8. Mueller Witness Accused Of Blackmailing World Leader After Plea Agreement [Updated]
9. Mueller’s Lack Of Explanations Raises New Questions of His Motivations On Three Key Decisions
10. Reasonable Doubt Or Per Se Defamation? Republicans Throw Chris Garrett Into The Fray [UPDATED]
The most frequent commentators are:
Paul C. Schulte
This is absurd
Thank you to all of our regular commentators. We remain an extraordinarily broad and diverse body of commenters from different parts of the world and different political and social backgrounds. Thanks again.