This falls under the category of no good deed goes unpunished. Treval Hall, 17, saved a drowning boy in Kenosha, Wisconsin and was taken to a hospital with the boy. His reward for saving Aaron Puente, 14, was a bill from Aurora Medical Center for more than $2000.
Hall pulled Puente to safety after finding him face down in the water. Both Hall and Puente were taken to the hospital. Hall was taken just as a precaution because he swallowed a little water during the rescue.
Aurora Medical Center spokesman Adam Beeson insisted “Our goal is to work with the patient to find an equitable solution.’’
What is particularly notable is the ridiculous level of bill inflation perpetuated by these hospitals. A teen swallows a little water in a rescue and leaves with a $2000 bill for just having doctor’s examine him. The hospital insists it performed a battery of tests, including chest X-rays, an electrocardiogram and blood work.
The question is who will now rescue Hall.
Source: Sun Times