By Darren Smith, Weekend Contributor
In a truly illuminating display of foolishness, a patron at a Michigan gas station set a pump on fire when he attempted to remove a spider from his gas tank. His fear of spiders and what he probably believed to be a clear, and present danger to his person, used a lighter to kill the menace.
The predictable result, a fireball engulfed his car and the gas pump.
Fortunately he was not injured, however the pump was destroyed. Employees prevented a further conflagration by shutting off power to the other pumps while the customer came to his senses and knocked down the flames with an extinguisher.
Of course we must provide the requisite disclaimer. Do not use your zippo, road flare, hair dryer, or fireworks while pumping gas.
A video surveillance camera captured this glorious event, providing employees with reportedly a source of entertainment despite the cost.
By Darren Smith
Source: Fox News Detroit
The views expressed in this posting are the author’s alone and not those of the blog, the host, or other weekend bloggers. As an open forum, weekend bloggers post independently without pre-approval or review. Content and any displays or art are solely their decision and responsibility.