In Southern California, Kieffe and Sons do not want non-Christians and civil libertarians to drive Hondas — or at least anything other than their Fords. The dealership has added a standard package of prejudice to its car sales with the ad below denouncing those who oppose prayer in school and intermingling of church and state — full religious intolerance is standard with each car but specific sectarian hatred is optional with some models.
Kieffe and Sons ran the following ad in Southern California:
Did you know that there are people in this country who want prayer out of schools, “Under God” out of the Pledge, and “In God We Trust” to be taken off our money?
But did you know that 86% of Americans say they believe in God? Now, since we all know that 86 out of every 100 of us are Christians who believe in God, we at Kieffe & Sons Ford wonder why we don’t just tell the other 14% to sit down and shut up. I guess maybe I just offended 14% of the people who are listening to this message. Well, if that is the case, then I say that’s tough, this is America folks, it’s called free speech. And none of us at Kieffe & Sons Ford are afraid to speak up. Kieffe & Sons Ford on Sierra Highway in Mojave and Rosamond: if we don’t see you today, by the grace of God, we’ll be here tomorrow.
The question remains whether Ford (which is struggling in this market) wants to join the Kieffes in tying the Ford product line to the religious right. Perhaps that is what the Ford Focus is all about?
For the audio, click here.