This week, Vincent Smith II died after falling into a vat of boiling hot chocolate at a chocolate factor in Camden, New Jersey. Now, it has been disclosed that the company was operating without a license.
Smith, 29, had reportedly prayed for a job in this economy and was delighted to be hired by Cocoa Services Inc. as a temporary worker.
He was loading chunks of chocolate into the melting tank when he fell into the tank and was hit by the paddles in the eight-foot tank. He was in the tank for ten minutes.
Lyons & Sons Inc. (which leases to Cocoa Services) has already been cited not having a business license The company insists that the license issue is a mere misunderstanding, here. Smith’s family needs to find a lawyer. There needs to be close scrutiny of how workers can fall into these vats and why there are not greater protections from such accidents.
For the full story, click here.