Betsey Wright, 66, the former Chief-of-Staff to Gov. Bill Clinton, has been arrested for allegedly attempting to smuggle a knife and 48 needles into the Arkansas death row in a bag of Doritos.
Wright, a lifelong opponent to the death penalty, insists that she found the bag in a vending machine and commented “I guess you don’t get nothing free.” In addition to the needles, guards found tweezers and a box cutter.
The death row in Arkansas has been under enhanced scrutiny after love letters were discovered that linked an inmate and a guard in a sexual relationship. Varner Unit guard Danita Williams is accused of the improper relationship and helping inmates trade contraband.
Wright was arrested at the Varner Unit, and prosecutors filed 51 charges against Wright.
The prison has also said that it received an anonymous letter accusing Wright of having an inappropriate relationship with an inmate, including the inmate committing a sex act with Williams during the April 28 night shift. She was also accused by the tipster of delivering commissary goods to the inmate.
For the full story, click here.
6 thoughts on “Wright Picks Wrong Bag: Former Clinton Aide Charged With Smuggling Needles and Knife into Arkansas Death Row”
The Wheels on the bus are falling off.
But just wait til the end of Obama’s term. He will break the Clintons record with all the left overs that are in this administration.
Nine years after Clinton left the White House their lackeys are still getting busted. The Clintons certainly did put together an impressive record:
* Number close to the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 44
* Number of convictions during his administration: 33
* Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
* Number of imprisonments: 14
* Number of presidential impeachments: 1
* Number of independent counsel investigations: 7
* Number of congressional witnesses pleading the 5th Amendment: 72
* Number of witnesses fleeing the country to avoid testifying: 17
* Number of foreign witnesses who have declined interviews by investigative bodies: 19
The Clinton machine now holds the record for the administration with:
* The most number of convictions and guilty pleas
* The most number of cabinet members to come under criminal investigation
* The most number of witnesses to flee the country or refuse to testify
* The most number of key witnesses to die suddenly
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad.
What kind of needles? You know an inmate does have some mending to do even if one is on death row.
Comments are closed.