We often follow dangerous products on this blog, such as the Halloween flashlight had risked bursting into flames. It turns out one such product literally walked in my front door. I will be reporting a dangerous product discovered by my son, Benjamin, who wore a costume of a man riding an ostrich at Party City. The only problem is that it proceeded to shock him from the internal engine that inflates the bird.
While we were on our way to the block Halloween party, the shocks required us to go back home and assemble a new costume (Ben went as a crazy old man instead). While it was not raining at the time, it was misty. I will be filing a complaint with the FTC (though the consumer protection reporting site is the first defective product I may report since it denies access to the report form. The Consumer Product Safety Commission website is virtually shutdown on one of the most important days for reporting defective or dangerous products). I have also alerted Party City. I would love to know how such a product can be issued to children.