It appears that Dr. José Cuervo has saved another life. Last May, 13-year-old Evan Hamilton downed eight shots of tequila on a dare from his friends at McCaffrey Middle School in Galt, California. He passed out and was rushed to the hospital. It was then that the doctors discovered a brain tumor just in time to save his life.
The eighth grader had no other symptoms but time was of the essence in removing the tumor. It is hard to imagine the anxiety for the parents. You take your son in for alcohol poisoning only to face the ultimate good news, bad news moment: he is going to be fine from the alcohol, but the brain tumor may kill him.
Evan is now doing fine with the tumor removed. I expect that parents decided to drop the lecture on the drinking binge thing for the moment.
Others have long heralded the medical benefits of Tequila (be sure to wait for the side effects and warnings):
For the full story, click here.