Lili (the pet of Blogenfreude) is this week’s winner and our first feline as Pet of the Week. Adopted in 1997 by one of my former torts students, Lili personifies the dignity and a sense of justified superiority that fits our blog so well. I have some great nominations pending so please send in your own pets. The questions can be found here.
1. What story or habit sums up your pet’s character or lack thereof?
Lili is half Russian Blue, so she is angry half of the time. I have
the scars to prove it ….
2. What historical figure does your pet most resemble? (Outfits are permitted)
Henry VIII – she would chop off my head it she could.
3. Why would your pet be a good choice for the Supreme Court and what
judicial philosophy would he or she likely bring to rulings?
She would be a bad choice for the Court – she’d judge litigants on
whether they gave her wet food once in a while.
4. What public office would your pet be best suited to assume?
Traffic officer in NYC – the idiots that park in violation of the
rules would be fined mercilessly, which is exactly what we need in
order to keep more cars out of the city.
5. Which Supreme Court justice or leading politician would you feel
most comfortable and least comfortable in using as a pet sitter for a
Sam Alito – least comfortable – he’d be out in the streets, trying to
convince the public that his activism is just the thing we need to
drag us back into the 19th century.
Bernie Sanders – one of the few politicians who
understands that living things need care.