A twenty-eight-year British man experienced cardiac arrest this week after he accidentally swallowed a 6-inch long Dover sole that he caught on a fishing trip in Boscombe, England. The man was dangling the fish over his mouth as a joke when it broke free and went right down his throat. Fortunately, paramedics arrived within minutes and saved his life by removing the fish with forceps.
The man could not breathe and his heart stopped as a result of the experience. It took six attempts to pull the fish out whole from the man’s throat.
The British have always acted dangerously around fish . . .