We just hit another milestone last night with over 36,000,000 views. With roughly 60,000 followers on Twitter, we continue to gradually expand our base of followers with the addition of new voices. We have tried to maintain this blog as a place for civil but passionate discourse on legal and policy issues of our time (and perhaps a few wacky stories).
We often use these milestones to look at the current profile of the blog and its supporters around the world. As always, I want to offer special thanks to Darren Smith who continues help up with periodic technical problems and our many regular commentators and readers. We try to keep this blog as an open forum with as little interference or monitoring of the comments as possible. Given our free speech orientation, we try not to delete comments and, for that reason, we are deeply appreciative of how most people avoid personal or offensive comments in debating these issues. Obviously, our open forum allows trolls and others to spew comments that are at times offensive and obnoxious but we continue to believe that civil and balanced comments will prevail. Thank you for voluntarily assuming restraint over the tenor and content of your comments.
So here is our current profile:
In the last 90 days, our ten biggest international sources for readers (after the United States) have been:
Welcome to all of our new readers from those countries.
The top ten posted in terms of readership in the last 90 days:
1. Court Orders Arizona Deputy to Jail After He Refuses to Apologize for Swiping Attorney’s Notes in Court
2. Why Trump Will Win The Wall Fight
3. NAACP Declares Portland Earthquake Warnings To Be Racist
4. Poll: Sixty-Eight Percent of Americans Would Not Be Willing To Pay $10 a Month To Combat Climate
5. Mueller’s Roadkill Trophy: A Hunt For Collusion Bags A Circus Clown
6. Goose Meets Gander: Pelosi Refuses To Turn Over Tax Records
7. Harvard Students Demand Dean Step Down Due To His Representations of Harvey Weinstein
8. Yes, Trump Has The Authority To Declare A National Emergency On The Southern
9. New York Times Issues Retraction In Bombshell Collusion Story
10. The Stone Indictment: Mueller Continues To Build A Case Of Non-Collusion
The most frequent commentators were:
This is absurd
Thank you to all of our regular commentators. We remain an extraordinarily broad and diverse body of commenters from different parts of the world and different political and social backgrounds. Thanks again.
Thanks again to those who try to keep our discussions passionate but civil. We obviously have relapses into personal attacks, particularly during these heated political times. We hope that this forum can remain a pluralistic and open forum for mature people to engage in mature discussions. Such discussions have never been more important.
Thanks again everyone and congratulations on the latest milestone. Now on to 37,000,000!