There was a time when we got things like the Beatles and Monty Python from our British cousins. The most recent import from England, however, is far less redeeming: vodka eyeballing. Upset that vodka shots took too long to be absorbed into their blood streams, British drinkers have discovered that pouring vodka directly into your eye socket results in a faster avenue to inebriation.
Students are experiencing constantly watering eyes that are left with permanent injuries from the stupid practice. One college student in the article below reports “I’m in constant pain because of what I did. And I’m terrified that it will get worse. I wish I could turn the clock back and change things. But I can’t.” I must confess sympathy but not a great deal of sympathy. Sticking a vodka bottle on your eye would be a patently stupid and dangerous act for any rational actor (which may, of course, exclude a significant number of college students).
For the full story, click here.