The dogs’ owner, Deborah Rogers investigated what was in the meatballs when her two dogs, Shadow and Pepper, appeared sick: “I took a stick and shoved [the meat] and seen something shiny, and I saw there was glass in there and a bunch of little nails in there, and my dogs had ate some of it.”
One dog needed $4000 in surgery costs due to swallowing a piece of glass that was over one inch long. He tried to kill the dogs twice.
The problem with these cases is that the sentences tend to be little more than what you would receive for a property offense. Obviously, this man is a danger to society, not just pets.
For the full story, click here.