At first this seemed like the ultimate product liability claim, but it now appears a chemistry student in Ukraine may have blown his jaw off by chewing an explosive material. The 25-year-old student was found by his family, which heard a loud pop in his room and later found an unidentified explosive material next to his gum on this desk.
The student studies at Kiev Polytechnic Institute and was working at a computer late on Saturday. He was known to have some bizarre habits like coating his gum with citric acid. The chewing gum found by police was covered in the unidentified substance. They also found citric acid.
For the full story, click here.