The World Health Organization (WHO) has caused a considerable stir with a warning that cellphones may increase the risk of brain tumors. If you are interested, the study below ranks cellphones by the radiation that they emit. My iPhone seems a bit high, but here is the list.
The WHO reports places cellphones in the same category as pesticide DDT and gasoline engine exhaust.
Reports of this kind should worry the industry. If a link is established, the industry could be rocked by massive liability and follow a trajectory similar to the tobacco industry. Here you have knowledge of the long simmering debate but also significant differences between phones on their respective levels of radiation.
The Environmental Working Group list the following as the best phones in terms of their low radiation levels:
1. LG Quantum [AT&T]
2. Casio EXILIM [Verizon Wireless]
3. Sanyo Katana II [Kajeet]
4. Pantech Breeze II (P2000) [AT&T, AT&T GoPhone]
5. Samsung Mesmerize (Galaxy S) [CellularONE, U.S. Cellular]
6. Samsung Fascinate [Verizon Wireless]
7. Samsung SGH-a197 [AT&T GoPhone]
8. Samsung Contour (SCH-R250) [MetroPCS]
9. Samsung Gravity T (SGH-T669) [T-Mobile]
10. Samsung SGH-T249 [T-Mobile]
Source: Baltimore Sun